January 2007 - Resolutions for My Journey in 2007
- Created on January 8th, 2007
- By Dr. Mary S. Harris
Like so many of you, I too have made a list of resolutions for the New Year. Rather than creating a long list of the same old things (i.e., lose weight; get more rest; exercise more, etc.), I decided to keep my list short and to focus on some simple–but important– resolutions that I think will bring a healthy balance to my life, based on some things that I have come to learn or appreciate over the years.
In 2007, I resolve that:
- because I appreciate the importance of a healthy body, I'm going to nourish my body with nutritious food;
- because I understand the importance of a healthy and satisfied soul, I'm going to nourish my soul by indulging (not over-indulging) in dessert and fine wine without remorse or guilt;
- because I understand that tomorrow is not promised, I'm going to celebrate getting older, because all things considered, it's better than the alternative;
- because I understand that physical strength is a gift that can be easily taken away by accident or illness, I'm going to strengthen my body with regular exercise;
- because I understand that a healthy body and a healthy soul are necessary to navigate life, I'm going to strengthen my soul with dedicated time for prayer and meditation;
- because I understand that love is a powerful healing agent, I'm going to tone my arms with repeated hugs of those I love;
- because I've learned that growing older really is wonderful, I'm going to tone my facial muscles with more laughter and forget about plastic surgery;
- because I truly believe that life is a journey of lessons, I resolve to go the distance, learn the lessons, and enjoy the journey;
Wishing you good health, good friends, and good fortune on your journey to wellness in 2007!!
Dr. Mary S. Harris